Preparation Time: 3 min
8 tablespoons oil
4 tablespoons wine or cider vinegar
2 level teaspoons French mustard
level teaspoon each salt, black pepper
Caster sugar (optional)
Whisk or shake all the dressing ingredients together, seasoning with sugar (optional).
Any one of the following additions can be made to a basic French dressing:
- 1-2 crushed garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons chopped tarragon or chives
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste and a pinch of paprika
- 2 tablespoons each finely chopped parsley and onion
- 1 teaspoon anchovy essence (for cold fish).
Back to Recipe Index