peppers, red, yellow or green fennel
This salad, served always as a starter, varies enormously from season to
season. At least three of the following suggestions should be included, and they
should be chosen so that colours and textures contrast. The salad is arranged in
neat piles on individual serving plates.
- Celeriac cut in julienne strips and moistened with mustard-flavoured
- Sliced tomatoes dressed with a herb and shallot-flavoured vinaigrette.
- Peeled and thinly sliced cucumbers mixed with vinaigrette and snipped
- Grated carrots in a simple vinaigrette dressing.
- Cooked beetroot, skinned, diced and mixed with vinaigrette dressing.
- Red, green or yellow peppers cut in strips, blanched and tossed with a
- Fennel bulbs thinly sliced, blanched and then combined with a vinaigrette
dressing with lemon juice.
Back to Recipe Index